Sunday, May 24, 2009

TaeKwonDo, America and other stuff.

I have been working hard at my TKD - I am now a 4th Kup (Blue belt), and if I pass my grading on 14th June, I will be a 3rd kup (Blue/red belt). What has helped is attending TWO classes on a Sunday! 10-11am and 5-6pm! And I still go on a Wednesday and a Friday...

Tonight I went to the class in Ilchester - there were Three of us there, and two were instructors! Trace and Bex were there as well, but in civvies - they ended up joining in, just so I didn't feel left out. It was fun.

We are three months or so away from our summer holiday. Sam, if you read this, we are coming over to your side of the pond again! Phoenix and San Diego here we come! we are staying at the Chaparral Suites in PHX and The Kings Inn in SD. I am hoping we get to SeaWorld this time!

Thomas recently did his Yr6 SATs. It's a travesty really. It's so much pressure to put on the children, and for what? For the school to find a place in a league table...not to assess the children - the secondary schools do that themselves when the children get there. Thomas did get very anxious and stressed, and I spent a great deal of time reassuring him that whatever his results, we would still love him.

1 comment:

UKMUMINUSA said...

Yes I just read that your coming over this way LOL, I am sure you will have a fab time, we are off to disney again!!!! can't wait, just spent a fabulous weekend in Las Vegas, I just love the USA!!!!