Monday, May 12, 2008

Here comes BOD!

Well, my new car, anyway. I am picking Bod up on Thursday morning, so mucho excitement here.

On Thursday we also have an appointment with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, regarding Thomas. It has come as a great relief that we are getting somewhere, and Thomas is trying really hard to not lose his temper. All four of us are going - I hope they can help us.

Thomas is undergoing his 'optional' SATS this week. Because he's a Yr 5, they aren't compulsory. He has been quite anxious this weekend - he knows that literacy is his big problem area, and has been worrying about it. I've told him to try his best - we will still love him, no matter what.

Chris and I had our grading yesterday. I'm fairly sure we passed, but I made a couple of boobs. When we were doing the kickboxing line work, I managed the simpler stuff okay, but when it started getting more complex, I lost the ability to differentiate between my left and right! Also my favourite part (NOT!), the 1-step sparring, was a disaster. My 'partner' kept punching to my head, so my blocks were too low, and then he kept forgetting to nod, to show he was ready. I went back to my seat shaking my head. The theory was funny - Mike and Steve. The Chuckle Brothers. So the best way to remember that najunde is low section is to relate it to nads is it? It made me giggle. I had mucho trouble keeping a straight face after that. Simon and I were asked about the meaning of Dan Gun, and we both managed to get the fact that his mother was a bear into our answers! LOL.

It is very, very sunny and warm here today - Chris has an inset day, so he has been shopping with me, we've hung the washing out, and now we're chillin'.

Here is a picture of Bod, courtesy of Auto Capozzoli in Ilchester:

No comments: