Monday, June 09, 2008

Of mice and men (well, boys)

For a few years now, the boys have asked periodically for a pet mouse each. On Friday, I finally relented. I held off for so long not because I don't like mice, I love 'em! I just wanted to be sure that the boys would take care of them and be responsible mouse-dads. I am happy to report that they are proving to be very good parents. Thomas chose a silver-grey mouse that he has called Tizon, and Chris chose a very dark grey/black mouse that he has named Shadow. Both mice are settling in to the Rotastak homes well, with very little interest from the cats. Phew!

Yesterday was the day of Limington Fete. We were to do a TKD demonstration. Well, the others were - I was on the mike! I was very nervous, but thanks to some fab demo-ing from the massive, it all went well. The board breaking went down really well.

Today however is a different matter - I have both boys in bed with headaches and tiredness, and feeling sick. Thomas started last night with a nasty headache, and this morning Chris was moaning too. Hopefully they'll both be fit tomorrow.

1 comment:

UKMUMINUSA said...

Hope the boys make a speedy recovery soon and thanks for thinking of us we are all fine.