Monday, July 07, 2008

Race for Life

Because Nina has bullied me today, here is a blogpost that is overdue.

I ran my Race for Life at Sherborne Castle yesterday. Well, I say ran...I ran on all the downhill bits, and the last 200 yards which were uphill. And I beat last years time by a massive 14 minutes!! Wowee!

Here's a picture of me after finishing.


The weather was looking decidedly dodgy, and we had had a great deal of rain overnight, but just before the off, the clouds parted, and the sun beamed down on us all. The rain began again as we left afterwards. I'm sure that my fitness is much improved since starting TKD, but I need to look at sorting my shin splints - they were murder in the first 2.5km, which is all uphill.

Many, many thanks go to all those people who sponsored me - we raised £132.50! My target was only £50.



Life is still burbling along - Thomas has good days and bad days. My tablets are working, and a number of people have mentioned how well I'm looking.

We went to see Prince Caspian last week - it's fantastic! Full of excitement, and the CGI isn't intrusive. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Next on the list is WALL-E, Hancock, Kung-Fu Panda, The Forbidden Kingdom and Space Chimps. Oh, and Meet Dave.

Everyone is well, and love to you all!
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Ali. And thanks for the update... ('bout time too!)

See you for C&C soon, Nina xx

UKMUMINUSA said...

well done and I was also wondering when you were going to update!!!! Sam xxx