Sunday, November 02, 2008

It was just too much to ask...

...to get me through my DAS. I went along at 9am this morning, feeling quite apprehensive, and Eric introduced me to the GS500. I wasn't too bad to begin with, but it got steadily worse. In the end I had to admit defeat. I could ride the thing, but the idea of being out on the road terrified me. Even when Eric suggested that I do it on the 125, my nerve had gone.

I rang Ian, and told him that my gut instinct was to stop there and then. Bless him, he just understood, and came to get me. Eric was fantastic - if you're anywhere near Yeovil, and planning on doing motorcycle training, you would do much worse than ringing Eric, at AEP training.

So now I'm at home, feeling relieved that I had the courage to call it a day, and sitting in front of a lovely fire watching the new series of Top Gear.

1 comment:

Peechy said...

awww, sorry it didn't go how you would have liked, but good on you for having the bravery to stop when you knew you should xxx