Friday, January 02, 2009

Here's to 2009!

Sorry I haven't blogged for ages but life sorta took over.

I started a new job in November, which, whilst only part-time, took some adjusting to.

Then, on Saturday 29th November, we lost Ian's Dad - it was a bit of a shock. He'd been in a nursing home for a couple of years, but Ian had seen him recently, and said that he seemed quite well. So of course, we rushed up to Clowne, stopping only briefly to drop the boys off with Mum and Dad - thanks guys.

Then we had the funeral to contend with a week or so later.

In the intervening period I developed a horrid cold, which turned into a full-on chest infection. That eased just in time for Christmas Day (which was lovely) then it was off to my sister's on Boxing Day - all of us, all our children, and Mum and Dad - fantastic!!

Two days later, my cold returns! We spent NYE on the sofa, wrapped up in blankets, sipping hot toddies!

And now I can't sleep...finances are really tight - the holiday in August really stretched us, and we are feeling rather down about everything. Hopefully we'll feel more positive soon...

No comments: