Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A lovely start to the week...

The boys went back to school yesterday, suprisingly, without any fuss from Thomas. He hates, detests, loathes school. He has had so much trouble with other children in this, his first year of senior school, but I do think he makes a rod for his own back sometimes. He can be so very contrary....hmm, wonder who he gets that from?

Ian took the day off so that we could go and see our pension/financial advisor. it didn't take too long, and we wandered down through town in the sunshine. I picked up some clothes for the boys, from Primark. £2 for jeans! We ambled down to Wilkinson's for garden stuff (a new spray head for the hose pipe etc) and i grabbed some bird feed for the feeding station. I've let it go to pot over the lasst couple of years, but now I'm spending more time out there, it needed sorting. By this time we were ready for lunch so we went to The Real China - all you can eat for £3.95 - bargain!
Came home, and planted up a hanging basket with trailing tomato plants - thomas says I am turning into a farmer!

After the boys got home, Ian went to have his tyres done - he got a puncture first thing, and the fronts needed doing anyway. While he was out, I fired up the BBQ - the first of the year! It was great! But, it was too chilly to eat outside, so we retreated to the sitting room, and watched the Gadget Show.

By the time I got to bed I was shattered - in bed and asleep by 10pm.....but a lovely day.

No comments: